Am I Alone here?

Am I the only one who has a two year old that does not know what candy is AND does not watch TV? Well, he does watch "the letter show" (wheel of fortune) and about 5 minutes of baseball... At any rate, when people ask if he can have candy and I say no I get crazy looks. And, when the doctor's office (for example) asks if he wants stickers with certain characters and he looks at them like they are speaking a different language and I simply state he does not know of those, people act like I am crazy. I am certain I cannot be the only one! For the very first time I was told "good for you" when sonny boy was offered a lollipop and the lady whispered it because she "didn't want to cause a tantrum if I said no" and I told her he doesn't know what lollipops are. The FIRST time, I've ever not felt like someone thought I was crazy! I literally, while getting my oil changed, had another mother ask what TV shows my baby (it was a while ago) loved, because her 5 month old had several. I won't judge, (although the American Pediatric Association states that any screen time is too much for children under two and may actually cause loss of skills and language) but I'd like not to be judged. Frankly, we don't have time to watch TV between all the playing, and LORD, it's takes an eternity for each meal! By the time I figure out what to feed Jake (does anyone else have trouble figuring out meals for their opinionated, allergic toddler?!) and then he takes an hour for each meal, who has time for TV? or candy for that matter! Truly, he eats the way we all should! (Were it not for my 3:30 carb binge, I'd be great!) And I am not really all that crazy, the child ate 3 cookies ("special Jakey cookies from Nana") after dinner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merry Christmas and Other Holidays!! And vegetables!

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...