New Year Smoothie!

I am sorry that I haven't updated! We've been through a lot since i last posted! Christmas, New Years, the joys of explaining a hundred times why my child cannot eat cookies (except his special cookies that Nana made him) and why I'm not just being grinchy. In hindsight, maybe i did get grinchy... Might be having to explain that butter is made of milk ten times! At any rate, I'm back! I have reinvented my smoothie (after finding out the calorie count on my previous!) It's allergy free and full of secret hidden good stuff! We call it special ice cream! It is special because i can put virtually anything in it and as long as it tastes fruity, everyone will eat it!! (well except my husband!)

1cup rice milk (or whichever you'd prefer)
1/2 avocado
1.5 cups of shredded kale (or ripped)
a mango (well, i was lazy, i used as much as i could cut easily)
2 frozen bananas
2 T flax seed

Put milk, kale and avocado in blender, blend
add mango and flax
add bananas in pieces through top (unless you have one of those super sweet, super expensive blenders that could probably blend a car into a smoothie!)

enjoy! feed to kids, watch them enjoy and laugh evilly that they are getting super healthy stuff and liking it!

stay tuned! i will be back shortly with many more inventions! and bad (aka fast) typing!

P.S. in case you need a chocolate fix, ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips are dairy, and nut free! but only in the smaller packages. Weird, i know, but delicious!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Merry Christmas and Other Holidays!! And vegetables!