Peppermint Patty... Please!!

Back in the pre dairy free days, one of my favorite candies (which says a lot since I was pretty much addicted to anything candy like) was peppermint patties. Ahhh York..... I could have been in a commercial. In fact it was always a dream I had to be in a commercial, anyone really. In case you're wondering, that did not work out! But I still had candy. ha. I've been reading peppermint patty recipes for years trying to decide if I  wanted to attempt one. but none seemed quite right. I didn't want coconut shavings, or a variety of other ingredients. I also like to make everything quick and easy. Generally, I also will not make a recipe that requires cooling or freezing before eating. I've acquired a bit more patience though, and as long as it's not more than say, 20 minutes (I said a bit more!) I'm good. Here it is..


Peppermint Patties

1 can coconut CREAM (not milk)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut flour (or any probably)
2/3 cup confectioners sugar ( I didn't want this much, but for consistency)
5 teaspoons of peppermint extract (or peppermint oil, but I'm sure much less!) (start with one teaspoon and taste, I like a lot of peppermint)
chocolate (we use enjoy life)

whisk everything, except chocolate, together..... the end.. see , quick :) actually, you need to freeze the mixture after mixed until firm enough to scoop. then scoop, flatten in disks and refreeze. once frozen, melt chocolate and dip patties in the chocolate, refreeze until dry. These can be kept frozen (my favorite way to eat most anything!) Enjoy!!


So another reason these are fabulous, it's like eating candy brushes your teeth :) Need to run to a meeting? grab a peppermint patty :) And another reason, my kids don't like mint! all mine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!