Finally a Moment!!

Between the holiday, sick children, and children who don't sleep.... I know my posts have been pretty short. I may add to the previous. And it's certainly time to add a recipe. I will get the "best dessert ever" (according to my super picky husband) up soon. Thanksgiving, though slightly logistically tough to conjure without adding anything my son is allergic to, went quite well! I am so thankful for my family! They are wonderful! Just the four of us this year, but it was nice. I am also thankful for Earth Balance products!! Especially the soy free one! They do everything butter does, have great taste, without the dairy. Between that, rice milk, specially picked bread, and some kitchen magic, I was able to make stuffing, green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes all safe for Jake. Which, in hindsight, was only a slight waste of time since a certain two year old is ridiculously picky right now, and hardly eats a thing! Though he did a couple beans! But, having given up his allergens myself, and also working to make good food healthier (and more vegetarian or accidentally vegan) it all worked out and was both traditional and delicious! This has been a difficult year in many ways, but it is so wonderful to have a day to remind us of everything wonderful that we have been blessed with.

On to the flu... Still a huge concern that we cannot get Jake immunized. I am thinking to both Gymboree and Christmas. The Gymboree that we go to is wonderful and clean, but that does not take the germ out of the child!! We love Gymboree, but the look the pediatrician gave me when I asked how good of an idea bringing him during flu season is was a bit telling. Kind of like "are you crazy?!" Except she did not say it outright, but explained it more in a clinical sense knowing full well that I knew what she really meant. Good chance we will still go. It's not cheap, we aren't rich! Not to mention, a warm place for a two year old to burn off some energy is priceless! Which brings us to Christmas...

Ah Christmas (or as Jake says "Happy Birthday Time Jesus")... pretty lights, family, friends, presents, good food... and a ton of people in small spaces who have been in contact with tons of other people in small spaces who have been in contact with.. you get it. So how does one politely tell every family member who may be in contact with one's son to get the flu shot or don't come to Christmas? Well, one doesn't I suppose. That would be grinchy. Instead one makes suggestions and drops hints like "Weird we can't get Jake the flu shot, Doctor said just to make sure everyone around him has one. Ha ha." And then a mom dresses said child in rain gear and everyone wears masks and the mom tackles people who cough? I don't know, don't have a set game plan yet! I'll let you know! However, I did feel only minimally better when the doctor told me that a child having the flu doesn't GUARANTEE that they will end up in the hospital, just makes it more likely. Oh super! So, I suppose I will pray. And carry hand sanitizer! And possibly be ready to tackle! Coughers beware! So, For the Love of All those who are allergic to eggs (most of which are children) GET YOUR FLU SHOT!!!!:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!