Recipie 1: Starbucks without the Bucks!!!

Our breakfasts are not quite the eggs and toast they use to be! But there are plenty of ways to make them exciting! Jake loves oatmeal and sometimes his "milk cereal" (which are now usually organic O's, Chex or Kix). At some point I will post some of our favorite pankcake recipies which are our usual Saturday treat. Until then...

I love Fall for a few reasons; Halloween (both for the candy and my mom's birthday), apple picking, and pumpkin everything!! Back pre-allergy I would eagerly await the day that the pumpkin lattes showed up, and the pumpkin ice cream. Now, instead of pumpkin latte that costs at least $5 and has caffeine and milk I invented one of my own. Much cheaper and much more delicious!

Mix:
8 oz (or more in my favorite mug!) of "milk" (rice, almond, soy)
2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree (canned or make your own!)
1/4 t. vanilla
sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
sprinkle of nutmeg and/or cinnamon
sweeter (maple syrup is good- or marshmallows if you are not following a vegan or "real food" diet)
stir really well. heat in microwave, or stove top until warm. about 90 seconds. stir again. Enjoy! Enjoy the fact you didn't pay a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!