I was going to post about vacation but... Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!!!

We went on vacation! Myrtle beach was wonderful. The ocean is very much my Zen! although we learned a few things... never take anxious kids on a walk when they are tired and it's very dark and they are unfamiliar with the area. Yikes... Also, the baby loved the sand, to eat... which was great, didn't have to feed her as much! Ha! Also, cleaning, cooking and doing laundry is way better on the beach!!

But also, though, I seriously have to thank Cheeseburger in Paradise in Myrtle Beach for making our first time going out to eat in 5 years (with the kids, and I still brought food for the kids) way less anxiety inducing than expected! I told them that I don't eat dairy or meat. They checked with me several times about a few things, they took precautions and had the manager bring out me and my husbands. I really appreciated their attention and consideration! (we were with my parents, hence the cheeseburger :) The very name says ER in paradise to us considering our oldest is allergic to every part of a cheeseburger. But I did not get milk (i'd have been quite ill) and they had a great veggie burger!

So, since then we've done about a thousand things. We love the Buddy Walk that supports Down Syndrome. Our oldest had a birthday, and I've taken over the job of hosting the annual Halloween party for the Food allergy support Group here. YIKES!! Had I known..... So apparently with 4 weeks left it's not so easy to find a place to hold it (not by my choice, it's when I was given the job). So apparently, as much fun as it is to go to, no one wants to volunteer to work at it. It's a 2 hour, food free kids party. One has only to stand at a game and hand out a prize...... Here's hoping there's some high school kids left around with volunteer requirements that are available in 1 week... haha...


K, yum, I invented (though it's probably been done before, but this can be completely allergy free) a pumpkin pie smoothie. I'm off the expensive protein powder that I've not quite used all of. I started to think it does more harm than good. I wanted a quick smoothie and made this wonder...


Chocolate Pumpkin Pie smoothie


1.5 cups of milk (I use unsweetened cashew)
ice
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
smaller sprinkle of cloves
tablespoon of hemp seeds
maple syrup to taste (start with a teaspoon, maybe none if using sweetened milk)
tablespoon (and a ooops more) of dark chocolate chips
small grab of pecans (optional)

Blend in high speed blender (not sure the chocolate chips will blend otherwise)
Enjoy!!! sooo gooodd! If only I had more pumpkin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!