Blah... Blog!!!! and Recipe

I am soooo ridiculously horrible at keeping up a blog! This has been a crazy half of a year for us! I had surgery (nothing serious), and found out that we will soon (7 or less weeks) be welcoming our third (and possibly final unless I forget how not so fun this pregnancy has been), and we had our first trip to the ER due to Jake's allergy (preceded by 3 other reactions that were not as serious).

Let's just say that having seen what happens when my sweet baby has a reaction/anaphylaxis, I am not that crazy paranoid mother who whips out wipes and cleans at a restaurant like it's my job. (and yes, apparently often better than those who job it is!) And, btw, Jake ended up being fine. Though I learned that Benadryl is not a substitute for an epi-pen, AND that it is most likely, that at the end of a ridiculously long wait in the ER (though made shorter by a mama exaggerating the truth a teech), when you finally know your child is fine enough to not be there (but have been informed of the legal ramifications of leaving by a few people), you will be a mess and will likely have a good looking ER doctor to reiterate the use of an epi-pen, and how lucky you are before swiping your credit card and sending you home.

Lesson learned there....

Lesson not learned about what caused his several reactions including the most severe. I do not let him (or my daughter) eat or touch restaurant food (or other stuff there!). His allergist was also flummoxed. Yup, really! The closest guess was that a virus had rustled up his immune system enough to cause reactions to something. (yeah, something) Unless he is allergic to something else, or somehow got milk.... or..... Ahhhh.... we pay these people...

At any rate, I've continued to invent a load of recipe replacers. Here's one I did not invent, per say.  My kids love love them... they have no idea that it's good for them!


Based off of a Peas and Thank You recipe (great site for vegan recipes btw!)

in a food processor (tried a blender, didn't work! and I have a good blender!)

blend:

2 cups of raw nuts (I used mostly almonds, and handful of cashews)
2 t. of vanilla
teech of salt (I prefer sea salt)
-don't make nut butter, but almost!

Take out, blend about 1 and 1/2 cups of pitted dates (not the sugar or flour coated ones, the real ones!) until smoothish

add in the nuts again, blend until wet looking.

here's your decision:
add about 1/4 c. non-dairy tiny chocolate chips either by stirring by hand (or to processor if you want them all chocolaty) . I added them to the blending process.

If your children are not there and have not eaten most of this "dough" form into balls and refrigerate.

Note: my kids won't eat dates, are not that into nuts... I had very little left to roll!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!