Olives and blueberries... and cakes

It's been a very trying two weeks. Our car broke enough that we were forced to buy a new car that we neither wanted, nor were financially ready for. Our sweet friendly dog got sick, and after seeming to get better declined and died. Our baby had a random allergic reaction to what is apparently not the vets (as presumed at first by the doctor, but disproved after spending a lot of time there), and our air conditioner broke. Not been a cheap or happy week here. But this conversation happened..

3year old (pointing to the olive oil container): are those bwueberries?

me: nope, those are olives, it's olive oil.

3yo: but wook, they are bwueberries

me: no sweetie, he's picking olives to squish into olive oil.

3yo: oh look he is picking bwueberries!

me: still olives

3yo: olives taste like bwueberries

me: sure honey. blueberries  ....


We did also celebrate two birthdays during this week of joy. :) My husband's and the baby turned one, which was when we were sitting at a doctors office waiting to see if she needed an ambulance! Even so, I made a cake for her with whole wheat flour, carrots and apples/apples sauce instead of oil. the sugar was maple syrup. And I loved it. Although, I am only going to admit here, that I should seriously have GRATED the carrots rather than shred. However, I also felt less guilty eating the cake because it was (a little too) obvious that we were getting some vegetable too! And that is what happens when one is in a rush and only wants to use one bowl. no do overs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Update time!! and better mac and cheeze!!!