A Very Thankful Thanksgiving!! And Menu..

As I sit here and blog.... I am reminded of so many things I am thankful for! My family being first! My dad's tumor is benign! He has to have a major surgery because it needs to be removed and is very large, but still.... It brings to mind others who did not get that same news. My kids are wonderful, sweet and smart (except from about 4:40 to 6 which I lovingly call the not happy hour)
Also as I sit here, I am reminded of why I actually shouldn't be sitting here and that I have so may things to do and far less time than required to do them. hahahaha...

Here's our Menu for tomorrow... (in your head, pretend someone is whining about everything I type)

Lentil/Bean (and secret ground up mushroom- please don't tell my husband) Loaf
Mashed potatoes (and cauliflower- see above, change husband to kids)
gravy (that only my husband will eat)
Stuffing (adults only, I'm sure)
green bean casserole (vegan zed, freshized, and probably just for the adults, and also, my husband will not be thrilled that I could only find cut green beans, hahahaha... cue complaint about chewing with braces)
Rolls (cue everyone cheering and begging to only eat these with butter, me thinking I should have skipped making them. ha)

Desserts:
strawberry shortcake (a two layered white cake with strawberry in the middle and whipped frosting)
pecan pie (kind Arthurs version with no corn syrup)


All of this can be made free of any allergens needed. And it's clearly low carb. hahaha... just one day. although, my son has made comments to suggest I had better get working out (I AM thankful for my kids. right?!). guess who needs a bigger health plan ? me. but not tomorrow.

I do not know when my children who would eat everything and no one could believe it, became so picky that I actually do not want to make them dinners. here's what they sill eat without complaining right now..... potato chips, bread rolls............... toast....the.. end... (and maybe a few more things for the three year old, who otherwise is a crank pot)

I keep telling myself it's a phase..... Oh wait, they also enjoy those vitamins that taste like candy.

But there's so much to be thankful for. And in the very long journey to find out what was wrong with my father, I've learned that, while difficult, it's up to us as individuals to suck the wonderful out of life!! So give thanks everyday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Merry Christmas and Other Holidays!! And vegetables!