Amazing!

I am completely in awe of people who can take care of their kids, keep the house up, and write a blog!! Maybe they are superhuman? Maybe they have kids that sleep? I now have one that wakes up either all night or a hundred times after 4am (I should just start getting up!). And i have one that does not fall asleep without gymnastics on our bed until about 11pm. Thus leading to new developments...

After being tested again for allergies, I was told that Jake is no longer allergic to eggs. However, when he eats them he itches like he has fleas. I don't know. I am not a doctor, but that seems a little strange?! And his milk allergy is 10 times worse. He gets hives when he touches a milk product. We are advised to keep him away from products processed on equipment that touches milk. Really?! have you ever tried that? That would leave fruit, vegetables, and possibly meat. What about beef? they touch milk?! Well, not an issue. My kids are apparently largely against eating meat. And vegetables for that matter. Well, and sometimes fruit. What's that leave you might ask? Pickles, and carbs. Straight carbs. Oh and Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips. Only in the small bags. We go through these like water. I am NOT getting free stuff from them! But, I wish I was!! They aren't the cheap ones!!

I suppose our newest development is the consideration of adding the possibility of some sensory processing concerns and anxiety to the allergy (no longer a list- unless eggs making you itch is bad). Having been a counselor I can deal with the anxiety, having not been a psychologist or an OT, the sensory processing disorder type I, is not confirmed, but i can read you a huge list of stuff why it might be! Unless you are stinky, or loud, or bright, or hot or cold :) And if he loves you, prepare to get railed several times a day with very rough hard hugs, kisses and hits. He is the sweetest boy too! For better or worse!! I was officially tipped off rocking him one night while he nursed, hummed, twirled his hair, kicked his legs, and complained about this 3 cozy's (blankets) not being exactly correct. Ummm.... three hours later........ Sooo, as much as it is easier to deny, the child may need a little Neurological reprocessing! His, sister, now 17months, turned 13 last month. Blogging?! I cannot keep up with these two and the house!!

But i do have new recipes to share. And a story and hints about going on vacation with an allergic child. Cause that was a treat (too bad they don't have a sarcasm font!)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine's Day Sweets and Sweeties...

N.. Ice Cream....Summer preview!

Merry Christmas and Other Holidays!! And vegetables!